LeapForWord is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to the cause of enhancing spoken English skills amongst financially challenged young men and women, thereby enabling them to access those opportunities which were earlier unavailable to them. The Effort is registered as a Trust under the Bombay Public Trust Act, 1950.
With the belief that every individual has a right to dream and have a better life, we pledge to work towards making this a reality.
Mission of The Effort
To address and resolve a chronic legacy problem that limits higher education & employment possibilities for millions of Indian kids studying in regional language schools – English Illiteracy. We aim to do this by:
- Building a potent team of extremely passionate & driven people
- Adopting innovation in Pedagogy and Delivery Mechanism
- Building a Strong Measurement Framework
Belief of The Effort
- Every individual has the capability to contribute to a positive change
- True progress has to be necessarily inclusive
- Every individual has the right to opportunity irrespective of her/his financial condition or geographic location
- A truly empowered youth is one who has progressed from ‘being employed’ to ‘being employable’
- Non profit work is not about ‘just doing good’ rather it is all about ‘doing effective good’
- An action is effective only if its results can be measured
- Creativity, innovation and structured content are the key to delivering successful results